SAIC Offers Free Holiday Flights To Military Families
Are you an active duty service member hoping to fly home soon? Are you missing your loved ones? Operation Homefront, through support from SAIC, is pleased to fly active duty service members home for a favorite holiday*!
Active duty service members are invited to apply for travel dates to celebrate:
Memorial Day (full) or Independence Day or Thanksgiving
This program is open to all active duty service members. This program will provide ONE round-trip ticket for an eligible service member. This is not for family members' travel.
Please note the following about this opportunity:
- CONTINENTAL 48 TRAVEL ONLY -- OH will fly service members Home for the Holidays between the Continental 48 states ONLY. Service members may apply to fly home to visit immediate family and/or legal military dependents.
- TRAVEL TIME Travel must be for one of the holidays and in the time frame listed below for that holiday.
- Memorial Day (May 30) Travel between May 23 and June 7, 2016 (all flights have been booked for this holiday)
- Independence Day (July 4) Travel between June 27 and July 12, 2016
- Thanksgiving (November 24) Travel between Nov 16 and Dec 3, 2016
- E1-E6 PRIORITY All Ranks are invited to apply, however, priority will be given to E1-E6 service members.
- LEAVE Travelers are responsible for securing leave, legal, medical and travel requirements for their trip.
- TICKET ONLY This program is for one round-trip ticket for commercial air travel only. Travelers are responsible for all other associated costs.
- 5 DAYS TO BOOK If selected, Travelers must book their tickets through our travel agency within 5 business days of email notification date or forfeit this opportunity and yield their position to the next applicant on the wait list.
- ANY CHANGE FEES incurred by Traveler are the responsibility of the Traveler.
- NO CASH VALUE Tickets have no cash value to Traveler and if unused will be voided.
- FAILURE TO CANCEL Travelers awarded tickets who determine they cannot use their ticket must cancel their ticket through the booking travel agency. Failure to cancel their ticket may cause Traveler to be disqualified for future OH programs.